Easter eggs on Easter branches

We are so enjoying our Easter break here. It totally popped up at the right time! Yesterday, the first day off, was a day of painting Easter eggs and spending time in the garden. The weather is awesome, and for a few days now, Frida has been almost completely back to being the happy girl we had before her surgery, and it’s just a joy to see. She manages the arm splints brilliantly, and does just about everything she normally does – they really don’t seem to bother her much during the day. They only mess up her sleep a bit, but still, everything is so much better now, and we can only be happy about the way she’s coming round.

Ronja and I painted Easter eggs yesterday. Mads and I blew out the eggs, washed them, and left them to dry – and Ronja just couldn’t wait to get started with the paint! So check it out – before:

Ready for some paint

During:

Ronja and Mom at work

And after:

Colourful

We had a lot of fun, and Ronja was actually a more patient painter, than I would have expected. I love the eggs she made! Afterwards we fetched some branches from the garden to for them to hang on, and I added some of the Easter stuff I have already.

Easter eggs on Easter branches

We spent the afternoon outside – we still have to keep Frida from colds, but the weather was really warm and not too windy, and she absolutely loves being in the garden – as does Ronja!

No room for Dad on this motorcycle!

I haven’t been getting around to do any sewing since I made nightgowns for the girls, but yesterday evening, shile Mads was playing with his motorcycle in the garage, I got around to cutting the fabric for a tunic – for me, myself, MOI! Yep, that’s right – it’s kind of a test drive really. The fabric for it comes from my stash, and I really want to check if the pattern is good, before I move on to possibly purchasing fabric for the next version of it. I hope I’ll be able to do some sewing tomorrow.

1. Posted April 11, 2009 at 01:44 | Permalink

Your girls are beautiful. (And so are your Easter eggs!)

2. Posted April 11, 2009 at 16:14 | Permalink

Happy Easter, so glad she’s on the mend!

I can’t wait to see the tunic, I’ve been trying to focus more on sewing for myself, it’s very rewarding.

3. Posted April 12, 2009 at 00:15 | Permalink

Lovely to see Frida up and smiling in the garden :-) Beautifully painted eggs. Glad to hear you’re sewing for yourself next. All the best.

4. Posted April 12, 2009 at 07:16 | Permalink

what a creative little girl! A very happy easter!

5. Posted April 13, 2009 at 10:02 | Permalink

Hej Astrid, hvor er I dog kreative.. er der noget du IKKE kan få til at se dejligt ud? Synes sørme der er super! Håber I har nydt det dejlige vejr i påsken.. Vh Christina

6. Posted April 14, 2009 at 13:53 | Permalink

6 O’Clock Stitch – thank you so much! :)

Amy – Thanks! I have a peek up now – the rest will follow once I get the buttons. :) Your dress is just beautiful!

Linda – yes, it is wonderful to see a smile on Frida’s face – I couldn’t agree more! ;) Thank you so much!

Julia – and a happy one to you as well – thanks! ;)

Christina – hvor er du sød! Du kan tro, at vi har nydt vejret og haven – ikke mindst Frida, som jo har været lidt isoleret det sidste stykke tid. Jo, vi nyder det! ;)

7. Posted April 18, 2011 at 14:06 | Permalink

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing and explaining. Have a great Easter!

8. Posted April 18, 2011 at 14:20 | Permalink

Thanks Adam – have a wonderful Easter you too! ;)

One Trackback

1. By Family life in Denmark | Blogs of the world on September 26, 2009 at 14:54

[...] Painted Easter eggs from Connecting the [...]