A few days ago I made this dress for Ronja.
I used a pattern that I have used several times before, the Onion 20022, which is the same I used for Ronja’s Kindergarten dress and Frida’s Apple blouse. I used some baby wale corduroy that I bought recently, which was first used for adding a detail to a pair of pants for Frida, but this time I wanted to make it the main fabric in a dress for Ronja. For the sleeves I had some soft pink baby wale corduroy that matched nicely. I didn’t alter anything, I just added a pocket and appliqued some of the pattern from the main fabric to the sleeves as a bubbly detail.
I like this pattern a lot, because the dress is easy for Ronja to put on, nice and warm to wear and stays where it’s supposed to. And of course, because of the loose design it fits for a long time – which is also an important bonus. I didn’t do quite as good a job at the appliques as I would have liked to, but overall I’m happy with the dress, and I know Ronja is, which is the most important thing.