Colours

I had a wonderful birthday! Did I mention that this past week has been our autumn holiday? It has, so we have all been at home with time to relax – also on my birthday.

Mads and the girls woke me up early (Ronja just couldn’t wait any longer, I think she was more excited than I was) with a birthday song, candles, hot coffee, and presents. One of my presents was a new heart rate monitor for my running - the Polar RS200. It’s so much better than my last one, and of course I had to try it out before lunch – didn’t do my best run ever, though, I guess three cups of coffee is not the best foundation for a good run. But a wonderful new toy!

We didn’t have any plans in particular (or at least that’s what I thought), but I needed some things from “Stof og Stil” (fabric store) for a project I ‘m planning, so we all went, and we had a really nice trip. When we got home, Mads sent Ronja and me to the small train station, which is almost next to our house, to pick up someone. I didn’t know who it was, and frankly I was totally puzzled, because we hadn’t been preparing for guests or anything. So when the train arrived, and my mother appeared, I was totally surprised – she lives at the other end of the country, so she doesn’t just stop by any day, you know. While we were all drinking tea, Mads revealed the great plan; he and I were going out for dinner, while my mother was to be babysitting the girls.

Restaurant Elverhøi And we went out. We had a wonderful dinner at Restaurant Elverhøi, followed by a trip to the cinema to see Burn After Reading - the new movie by the Coen-brothers. The movie was really good, brought some great laughs, and it is definitely worth seeing, though I do think it lacked some kind of peak. Anyway, just having a night out alone with Mads was perfect and everything worked out fine with my mother babysitting the girls!

Candlelight dinner, confidential conversation, and Coen at the cinema – what a birthday!

1. Posted October 20, 2008 at 14:59 | Permalink

That does sound like an excellent birthday. You even got a nice date night. The girls must have loved having their grandma there.
    Now you have to plan for Mad’s birthday, hehe.

2. Posted October 20, 2008 at 15:00 | Permalink

3. Posted October 20, 2008 at 18:49 | Permalink

That tree picture is gorgeous.
    Happy Birthday!

4. Posted October 20, 2008 at 21:02 | Permalink

happy birthday, sounds like it was perfect!

5. Posted October 20, 2008 at 22:26 | Permalink

How fun!!! What a great birthday present! I love surpises like that! Happy Birthday!

6. Posted October 21, 2008 at 03:50 | Permalink

Wow – you got to see your Mom and the kids got to see their Gram! Win-win, good thinking Mads! ;)

It sounds wonderful, Happy Birthdaaaaaayyyyy!

7. Posted October 21, 2008 at 04:35 | Permalink

Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday dear Astrid,
    Happy Birthday to you!

Well, you definitely had a great day, and you probably deserved every bit of it. Thank you for sharing it with us. I envy your life in Denmark. I wish I could be your next door neighbor. I can just smell the good food you ate. LOL.

8. Posted October 22, 2008 at 07:32 | Permalink

Lisa – You’re right – I have to do something really nice for him in return. However, his birthday is in June, so I guess I have time to think something up… :)

Dana – thank you! ;)

Kim – thank you very much! :)

Tiff – I love surprises too! Thanks! :)

Amy – Yep – definitely a win-win! And thanks! :)

Jeannine – What a sweet comment – it would be great if you were my next door neighbor, what fun we would have! And what an exchange of sewing ideas… :D