I have been waiting for some materials to arrive from England for the project I told you about that I’ll be making for Ronja. Friday however, my mail man still didn’t bring what I needed, so I thought that I would make something else. Armed with the latest issue of Ottobre, I made the Cilla dress for Frida.
I made a few alterations – and really this dress kind of evolved in the making. I didn’t cut up the skirt section as the instructions tell you to – I cut it in one piece. The fabric I used is baby corduroy instead of wool-knit, and I hemmed it with a wide bias tape made from the same fabric I used for the facing inside the yoke panels. Finally, I lacked something to bring it all together, and I came up with the leaf appliqué which is my own design. Also, inspired by Karen’s beautiful version of the dress, I used snaps for the shoulder closures.
I really like the result, even though initially I didn’t know where I was going with the dress. I thought I was making a dress for every day use, but this doesn’t excactly fit that description – at least not in my opinion. I really like the pattern – it’s wonderfully versatile. I have no idea what she will be wearing this one for, but hopefully we’re going to a Christmas party or two within the next 2 months. 🙂