…something I made for me. I haven’t been sewing much for myself – I’m kind of hesitant because of the fitting-issue. Whatever you make for an adult needs to be fitted to some degree, and also the sizing just isn’t as simple as it is for kids.
However, I made something simple.
Or at least, it should have been. It has been in the category of unfinished stuff for quite some time – basically it didn’t turn out the way it should have. First I didn’t like the neckline from the original pattern, so I redrew the neckline while wearing the top and looking in a mirror. Then I wanted to finish the neckline and the sleeves with bias tape, but it just didn’t work out – I think I may need some practice in that department. The neckline kind of stood up in a funny way, so I undid the seam, and didn’t get any further.
A while ago, when my mother was visiting, she gave me the idea to make a facing instead. For a while I still didn’t get around to it, but this weekend, I did. I drew the pattern for the facing with the top as my template. Cut the facing in a different fabric to add a bit of contrast. And for something that initially didn’t turn out the way I wanted it, I’m pretty happy with it. This is me wearing my Ginger Blossom top. The pattern is an Onion pattern – 5005, however heavily modified.
And this is Frida – she knows where I keep my sewing machine… 🙂 Also, she models the “Vilkas” pants – already a favourite.