Vejers Strand 1

Vejers Strand 2

Sea, sand, and beautiful weather.

This past weekend was spent at a summer cottage in Vejers Strand by the North Sea, meeting up with a part of Mads’ family that we don’t get to see very often. The North Sea is where my family used to go to the beach when I was a child, and I’m ever amazed by the beauty of it.

More pictures here – or on my Flickr.

1. Posted September 23, 2008 at 01:54 | Permalink

Your photographs are so amazingly beautiful. I feel like I’m looking at a magazine every time I click on your blog. Do you take pictures for a living? (aside from being a mom and crafter)
    Thanks for you nice comment on my village frock. I’m still so sad they ran out of patterns. But I have a feeling they’ll print more.
    Looks like you had a beautiful time by the sea.

2. Posted September 23, 2008 at 02:33 | Permalink

Such beautiful photographs. They make me want to go to the ocean this weekend.

3. Posted September 23, 2008 at 03:04 | Permalink

Beautiful shots…that cottage looks amazing. I love the thatched roof!

4. Posted September 23, 2008 at 03:29 | Permalink

THose are so beautiful! I have never been there. Some day i will get to explore the world beyond my hometown!

5. Posted September 23, 2008 at 13:03 | Permalink

stunning! i love the sea and your photos make me feel like i am there.

6. Posted September 23, 2008 at 13:14 | Permalink

Dana – thank you so much! I don’t take pictures for a living (I’m in sales actually – though currently on maternity leave), but I do my best to bring out what I like in the photos. Thanks again! ;)

Lisa – thank you! :)

Amy – thank you, I agree completely, but I have to admit we didn’t live in that house – I just thought it was beautiful! *blushing* :)

Tiff – Thanks – you should! ;)

Teri – I love the sea too. I mean – I really, really love the sea! Living by the sea would make me a better person! :)

7. Posted September 23, 2008 at 17:22 | Permalink

I am fortunate to live in a state with 3 of the 5 Great Lakes touching it. They are all like having a sea close at hand. Beautiful photos – the peacefulness comes through.

8. Posted September 24, 2008 at 13:15 | Permalink

Fantastiske billeder, Astrid, sådanne dage gør livet lige en lille tand bedre og øger energibarometeret betydeligt!!

9. Posted September 25, 2008 at 02:50 | Permalink

Oh Astrid-what a gorgeous weekend! The pictures are lovely and really show what a beautiful place that is. My favorite picture, though? The one of everyone sitting around reading. THAT is a relaxing wonderful family weekend. Reminds me of my childhood vacations on a houseboat!

10. Posted September 25, 2008 at 16:14 | Permalink

Its_Lily – that sounds wonderful! And thank you! ;)

Anne – Tusinde tak – og du har fuldstændig ret! :)

Sarah – thank you, I love that one as well. We always have lots of time like that when we’re there – when we’re not out walking on the beach or eating… ;)

One Trackback

1. [...] we were in Vejers Strand, Mads bought a kite – he had promised Ronja that we would go fly a kite, so of course we had to. [...]