Ronja found her in the sandbox

Weekend. This week became the week when I found out I will be spending the next few months looking for a new job. Not really the situation you would want at the moment, is it..? Especially not since I love my job and have the best colleagues. Well, not for long now.

Do you remember back when you were young and going to school and you had so few responsibilities? And still everything seemed tough enough, because at that time you were in your teens. If only you could have understood the amount of freedom you had…

I wouldn’t mind being able to press the ‘pause’-button on the responsibilities right now.

1. Martin
    Posted January 16, 2010 at 12:21 | Permalink

So sorry about that.

But you will find something even better somewhere else. I’m sure of it.

Best wishes, from the family down the street.

2. Posted January 16, 2010 at 12:32 | Permalink

I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new job. I’m sure you’ll be ‘snapped up’.

3. Posted January 16, 2010 at 18:15 | Permalink

Oh, you poor thing. What an awful situation to be in, but life has a way of always showing you the sunshine once you pedal over that hill. Just wait……..you will see the sun soon.
    Best of luck to you Astrid.

4. Posted January 16, 2010 at 21:27 | Permalink

Hi Astrid. This sucks (pardon the fierce expression). Yes, I can so relate to you wanting to erase the sorrow and worries.
    But they are there. Hang on.

5. Sara
    Posted January 17, 2010 at 01:56 | Permalink

Oh no Astrid! I hope you can find another job soon.

6. Posted January 17, 2010 at 11:30 | Permalink

Thanks all – I was sewing yesterday = always good energy! ;)

7. rikki
    Posted January 17, 2010 at 16:49 | Permalink

Sounds to me like both of our countries are having similar problems. So many people I know have lost or are losing their jobs. Sometimes things have a way of working out for the best, you just can’t always see it. I hope that is the case for you, I do know you are strong and smart!

8. Posted January 17, 2010 at 20:18 | Permalink

ØV. Det er bare slet, slet ikke sjovt når det sker, men jeg er sikker på at du finder noget andet som ender med at gøre dig endnu gladere. Nogen gange når tingene ser sorte ud har jeg lært mig at tænke: “alt hvad der sker sker for at fører til noget bedre”. Det hjælper meget hvis man kan tage de briller på. Stort og kærligt vinterkram fra Fejø

9. Posted January 17, 2010 at 23:00 | Permalink

Øv, hvor er det surt!
    Jeg føler med dig og sender masser af gode ønsker.

10. Katja
    Posted January 17, 2010 at 23:34 | Permalink

Det er altid super trist når det sker på den måde. Håber at du har vinden med dig og hurtigt finder dig et nyt og spændende job.
    Her i huset skal Jan jo også gerne have sig et nyt job når hans barsel med Theis er slut. Der er bare ikke rigtig mange jobs at søge…..

Knus

11. Posted January 18, 2010 at 19:39 | Permalink

It truly is a stressful time all around the world. I’m so sorry Astrid….. stay positive and I know things will turn around shortly!

12. Jen
    Posted January 19, 2010 at 09:24 | Permalink

It’s always something, no? So sorry that you find yourself in this position but I’m sure that not only will you find something even better but I’m also certain that you’ll take advantage of some of this ‘down time’ to spend with your family and even to create more wonderful things for the girls to wear. The creative process can be so helpful at times like this and I know you’ll channel it into something great.

13. Posted January 19, 2010 at 11:24 | Permalink

Åh nej, Astrid!

…Jeg kan se at Marina allerede har skrevet sådan omtrent det, jeg havde tænkt mig at skrive. Når én dør lukkes, er der en anden der springer op. Sådan håber jeg i hvert fald altid at det er. Håber for dig at det sker snart, og at det nye der venter forude er mindst lige så dejligt, som det der var – men kan godt forstå, hvis det ikke hjælper noget lige her og nu. Jeg ville selv være frustreret, alle positive tanker til trods.

Jeg har et blog-kram til dig lige her og nu. Og en meget hemmelig gave, som glæder sig til d. 30 januar!

14. Posted January 19, 2010 at 17:24 | Permalink

Oh Astrid, I’m so sorry. I often think of that feeling….of being young and not having anything to worry about.
    Of course now I get to eat ice cream whenever I want, stay up late, and I don’t get acne like a I used to. So I guess it’s sort of worth it. :)

15. Posted January 20, 2010 at 00:14 | Permalink

Guys – thanks again – all your comments are heart warming. I must say that during these past few days I have experienced a willingness to help from my friends and my network that is just uplifting, so I’m sure it’ll all turn out ok.

Anne – tak for krammet, og uhh, hvor jeg også glæder mig! ;)

16. Carla
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 19:47 | Permalink

Good luck with the job hunting. My husband’s out of work at present but we’ve noticed that there has been a real upturn of positions available this year…much better than last year. I think things are picking up :)