I love that post title – Red riding hood romper! Try saying it again, really tasting the r’s – rrrred rrriding hood rrromper… OK – I’ll move on!
For those of you who haven’t heard, my computer crashed some days ago. And I mean crashed – Mads tried several approaches with a boot CD over a couple of days, and luckily last night after numerous attempts, he got it to breathe again. He made my day! So if I have neglected you or your blog, that’s why!
Some of you will be aware, that I also suffered a total melt-down, sewingwise. On Friday morning I had a bit of perfect sewing time – Frida was asleep in the pram, Mads and Ronja were out, I had a pile of delicious new fabric that had just arrived in the mail, and I did NOT know what to make. I decided to turn to the always helpful Ottobre English Sewing Group and go with the advice of the majority. So I made another romper from the same Ottobre pattern, since Frida is wearing the last one a lot.
It was late Friday evening before I got it done – after my melt-down Frida was awake, and my perfect sewing moment had passed, so I had to wait until the evening. As always, sewing when I’m too tired means redoing a thing or two, but I won’t bore you with the details…
Like I mentioned last time, I wanted to make some modifications to the front pocket, so I did. This pocket is bigger, and I like the overall proportions much better this time – and then I added the tag as a funny detail. I didn’t make an appliqué, because I think the wonderful Kokka-fabric delivers as much action as this romper can hold. I love the fabric – it’s a lovely linen-cotton blend – perfect for baby garments. The fabric for the lining is dots by Moda – which were also used for the Tie-back tunic, that I made for Ronja (description of the making of that one is found here).
For my next sewing project, I hope the inspiration will come easier – however, I do like this romper a lot!